Your bathroom should never be neglected when it comes to design. Although you may not think of it as a focal point of your home, most guests will visit your bathroom at one time or another, so when they do, you want it to be just as nicely put together as the rest of your home! Privacy is #1 when it comes to any bathroom with a window, but style and functionality follow right behind.
Here are 5 suggestions to take your bathroom to the next level, with the help of your friends at Builders Blinds!
- Faux Wood Blinds – the most economical and versatile window treatment on the market (and we just happen to be the largest direct importer of 2” faux wood blinds)- and the most popular choice for any place where moisture can be an issue. In most cases, faux wood blinds will not warp, crack or mildew when exposed to damp areas…but we typically don’t suggest you put them in your shower!
- Roman Shades – functional, practical and a bold statement at that. These shades will allow you to control natural light, will add softness to hard services like the not so glamorous toilet and sink (especially if outdated), and also help to absorb sound (for those of you who like to sing in the shower). Make sure to pick a mildew and moisture resistant blend that can be easily spot-cleaned in your bathroom.
- Woven Wood Shades– an especially great fit if your home has a casual, beachy, rustic or contemporary look going on throughout the rest of the house. These natural shades softly diffuse light while still giving you privacy. Their unique composure creates a visual element most guests won’t expect to find in a bathroom! Again, not recommended inside a shower but they should work out nicely on a window not subject to a great amount of moisture.
- Composite Shutters – stick with composite over wood for the bathroom. Shutters are the ultimate traditional, classy and clean look – perfect for a powder room undergoing a makeover. For maximum privacy, just close them. For a fresh, open look in any room just open them and let the light soak in. Did we mention you’ll get your money back? If you ever sell your home, shutters are great for resale value!
- Solar Roller Shades – our favorite pick for a bathroom undergoing a remodel. Choose from multiple color options as well as openness factors to keep out harmful UV rays, leaving your sink, toilet and bath in tip-top condition. Did we mention they’re moisture-resistant making them the very best possible fit for a bathroom?